View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 02:57 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default How frustrating

and unfortunately not uncommon with this disease.

There are certain things to consider outside the realm of what most neurologists will bring up. For example, your B12 in my opinion is borderline low. I got the following from the sub-forum on top. It was written by MrsD who is/was extremely knowledgeable:

"If you are at 400 or very close, that is borderline and with PN symptoms you could most likely profit by taking B12 as well to raise your level up. I'd suggest to be at least at 1000 for PN patients. Some people choose to go higher yet. Please consult my thread link to read how to choose a supplement for yourself."

Alcohol and certain prescription drugs have been found to cause neuropathy. Eating certain foods like sugar can have an affect. There are certain supplements you can try that could help.

For more information check out the sub-forum PN Tips, Resources, Supplements & Other Treatments. Iff you do decide to see that neurologist again you will be better informed and that can be a help.
carol