View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 08:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Trig bi-laterial trigeminal neuralgia - info PLEASE

Greetings -
I found this site in Neurology Now magazine - and today was one of the worst pain days that I've had in years. Well over a 10! I've had cluster and migraine headaches for the past 30 years. In '97 while at the diamond Headache clinic, in-patient treatment, I was diagnosed with both of the headaches. In 2003 they became chronic and since Feb of this year I've been living with them daily. I've been to 3 neurologists since February and finally hit one that did an MRI with dye (had one earlier with out dye and that neurologists said there was nothing there) - on 07-11-07 I was told that I had bi-lateral trigeminal neuralgia and there were three operations that could help. It was explained to me that there were blood vessels on top of the trigeminal nerves (prior to where they branched off) which was causing the pain or the headaches which were causing the pain - still don't understand that part - I was in shock at that time - and an appointment was set up with a surgeon, to discuss what could be done.
What options do I have? Who can one trust in the medical field? Can meds elevate the pain? Any caretakers that can share with my wife Jane, she's tired of the living like this!!

Last edited by rcw134; 07-24-2007 at 09:53 PM.
rcw134 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote