View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 09:14 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandartist View Post
I have had fibromyalgia for 18 yrs and essential tremor for 30 yrs. After many Dr.s, ad nauseum, I finally resorted to fentanyl patches for pain. Many feel that opioids are not effective, but for me it has been the only relief, with no side affects. I have used them for over 10 years and would like to discontinue this pain reliever in order to assess my current pain level. Unfortunately the patches are extremely addictive, a fact that has been of no concern to my many drs. My tremors are getting more disabling, but according to my dr.s, this is not a result of the fentanyl. I have my doubts. And the depression! Every day is challenge. Any thoughts/info about Fibromyalgia and essential tremor would be greatly appreciated.
Hello! I'm sorry you are having tremors. I have had FM for likely 20+ years, been on every med, allergic to most of them or ineffective, and also attended pain management for a month in early 2000s (was worth it at the time, but I'm far worse now with other issues). I have internal tremors as part of my small fiber neuropathy with TS-HDS antibody - a condition that validates FM. I also have Paroxysmal Hemidystonia - a movement disorder. Have you seen a movement disorder neurologist? They deal with tremor issues such as Parkinson's and dystonia, etc. Might be worth a shot. It took me about 10 neurologist and neurosurgeons to get to this doctor and only after I researched many medical journals and shared ideas with my doc. Be your own advocate! Good luck.
Katkeyper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote