View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 05:54 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Walked head_first into cupboard

I was sweeping the garage floor on Monday before handing my rental property back to the landlord and was so focused on the task looking downwards, I forgot about the overhanging cupboard... I walked forwards straight into it mid-sweep/lunge with my forehead causing a definite thud before I worked out what the hell had happened to me.

It was a huge shock and I went into panic - I was in the process of moving away to start a new job next week and my first thought was that I'd ruined it all through carelessness.

I didn't experience any dizziness, bruising or soreness, but had a vey low grade intermittent headache for a day or so, along with some loss of focus. I've also noticed a slightly diminished verbal articulation and word-finding seems more tricky, although I seem a little better each day, but something feels off.

I realise this could all be down to stress and anxiety - I've had to pack my life into boxes and make 3 x 200 mile car journeys in the last few days, so even if it was concussion, I had no time to rest.

This is one of most significant impact scenarios I've had since I gave up martial arts, although trained advisors on a head injury helpline have consistently told me that while I've banged my head, this is unlikely to have caused a concussion from what I've described.

Part of me is concerned about frontal lobe damage.
Ady_P is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote