View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 04:54 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Hannah,

Your photos look typical of a difficult extraction and it looks like you developed some sores around the wound... not uncommon.

By now you should be feeling much better and have no swelling.
So how is the healing going?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah1517 View Post
I had an upper molar pulled out on Friday 18th October, so 4 days ago now. It was a really difficult extraction as my roots were splayed - so I knew I was going to be in some pain.

Over the weekend it got so so swollen and painful and looked infected - there was white like pus pockets around my gum, I had terrible breath and a foul smell. So I went back to the dentist first thing Monday morning. My face was swollen pretty badly. I saw another dentist (not my own, who performed the extraction) and he took one quick look in my mouth and said how swollen it was and instantly gave me antibiotics, which is good.

However, I’m not too sure if I am healing okay? Today it my second full day of antibiotics and I am in much less pain and I think the swelling is going down slowly but surely. My cheek is very warm to touch where the extraction was. It looks like there is green’ish stuff now in the hole

Does this look it’s healing normally? Should I be concerned just how big the hole is?

I will attach pictures to see (taken today) I really hope it’s nothing bad and just the normal process of healing with an infection!! I have heard about the dreaded dry socket - I was experiencing the throbbing pain but this seems to have gone now I’ve been taking the antibiotics.

Thanks in advance x

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote