View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 02:15 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKGuy35 View Post
Hi JTP, cutting down my alcohol intake to just a few beers now and again and staying within the recommended guidelines has certainly helped stabalise my condition. But I believe it may differ from person to person. Some websites suggest that the only way to recover from this is to stop alcohol completely. I am not a doctor or anything but can only speak from my own experience and say I think it depends on the person. My advice would be to stay within the recommended guidelines (14 units per week / max 4 units per day) and if this doesnt help then try to cut out alcohol completely.

Just to update, two weeks ago I managed a 1.5 hour walk which was incredible considering I could barely walk earlier this year.

Thanks UK, that is helpful and a good thought. Agree, seems to be a lot of differing opinions on the topic. Assume some of it has to be due to the fact that many are unable to stick to the guidelines once they start drinking again.

I have dramatically scaled back myself. My symptoms seem to be a bit better, but definitely good days and bad days. Had an EMG a couple of weeks ago, so awaiting those results, but the dr performing the test said all was normal. So guess I will see what is next.....
JTP1234 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote