View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 11:05 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default Distorted vision after possible concussion

Hi,

I was involved in a car accident where I received a blow to the head. About a month and a half after the accident I started having visual distortions where sometimes squares would look like trapezoids and objects would look a bit distorted. No blurred or double vision, just distortion.

Saw a neuro-opthamologist who said this is likely post-concussion related and that he had seen similar before.

However, around the same time the distortions started I started having real bad sinus issues as well, with a CT of the sinuses showing them being 100% blocked off. Before I saw the neuro-opthamologist sinus doctor said she thought maybe the visual symptoms were either pain perception or sinuses pressing on my eyes (but wasn't really sure), but neuro-optho says it's not the sinuses and is from the accident.

Anyone have experience with distorted shapes or trapezoid like vision after a concussion or accident? There's a lot of info online about blurred vision, but I'm not finding a lot about trapezoidal looking squares / rectangles and would like info backing up what the neuro-optho told me.

Thanks!
CrazyEyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote