View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 06:39 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

This thread has been very informative so want to thank everyone for their input and perspectives.

So my neurologist basically came back with -

- the EMG/NCV were completely normal so large fiber nerves are intact

- i asked about a skin biopsy to test for SFN, and he said he did not think it would be worth going through that right now. His reasoning was that the physical examination (touch, pain, temp, vibration, etc) tests all were normal so unlikely there is any significant SFN neuropathy.

- we discussed alcohol as a potential cause of my symptoms and he feels it is less likely since my symptoms are not totally length dependent. I certainly have symptoms in my legs and arms, but my feet are mostly fine, I probably have more tingling in my hands than feet. And there was never a progression from my toes/feet up my legs, it all really hit almost at once, and i also have tingling on my back, stomach, forehead, etc.

So he basically just said to monitor things, don't over due the alcohol, and if symptoms progress to reach out and I could come back in and maybe do a skin biopsy, or additional testing.

So I guess that is all I can do for now. Kind of frustrating, but it is what it is I guess.
JTP1234 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Wide-O (11-06-2019)