View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 01:51 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default Nerve pain after foot injury-- need relief

Some background info: I'm 28/f, I have been diagnosed with dysautonomia and recently discovered I most likely suffer from Sjorgen's. A lot of my health issues were set off after a chain of events 2 years ago when I had a terrible reaction from Bactrim antibiotics.
I felt neuropathic pain across my entire body for almost three days, which was an absolute terrifying living hell. Since then, it seems like every time I sustain a moderate injury, I have unbearable nerve pain.

Now:
On Sunday, a plank of wood from our kitchen counter fell onto my big toe on my left foot. A huge bruise immediately spread under the nail. I went to urgent care yesterday because the pain was simply NOT subsiding-- x-rays show the toe isn't even broken. It is sprained most likely, but I can't even leave my bed anymore because as soon as the foot is lowered, it is the most excruciating pain I have ever felt.

It definitely *feels* like nerve pain-- the top of my foot feels like it is simultaneously burning and freezing (and somehow wet), and I feel like I am stretching my toes back as far as they will go at all times. I literally have to look down and check my foot to make sure I'm not straining every single muscle down there, because it so convincingly feels like I am. It's scary and unbearable.

Does anyone know of something that can help this type of nerve pain after a sustained injury? Treating with a combo of Advil and Tylenol did nothing, and neither did the Meloxicam the nurse prescribed me.

Last night I hysterically cried myself to sleep out of exhaustion, frustration, and pain. My toe doesn't even *look* that bad, and it's not broken, and it *should* be healing, but that invisible pain is just getting worse. I have a friend who just broke their ankle and their pain seems a lot different than mine.

Thank you in advance.
jymbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote