View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 06:13 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Thank you Jacky P. I've been trying to not sleep as you've said you used to. I've been a little better since i've kept my knees together at night. I also just received a new mattress. I'm not sure there is a connection or not to my MP.

Like you were at one time, i can't figure out where the irritation is coming from. Fortunately, i consider my symptoms mild compared to so many here. Sometimes sitting hurts, sometimes standing still hurts, so far walking feels good.

I was diagnosed by an Ortho specializing in hips, and i'm certain he has this correct - burning on the thigh, etc. I feel lucky too only seeing one doctor for his diagnosis.

My pain does move around and i haven't read others saying that. Mostly it is on the top of my thigh, sometimes a few inches above the knee on the thigh and sometimes the side. Typically burning feeling, except when bending over more of a zing-shock like - hard to describe.

Putting my socks on is super painful with zings, so now i sit and put them on, and it is better. Bending over in general is bad for me. I bend over now with my bad leg out straight and that helps.

Overall, i sleep ok, though it does seem like if i start my day bad, i'm bad all day, and likewise, if i start out good, i'm good most of the day.

I haven't had recent weight gain, but trying to lose a little. Anything to make this go away. Rolling my pelvis when sitting seems to help (i think - too new to know long term), which makes me think weight lose would help. I wore tights today, which i was worried about, and i had a great day. Again, maybe holding in some belly fat? I don't know, i'm maybe 10 pounds overweight.

Many years ago, i had this in both legs after cycling for a few weeks, and thought it was muscle strain. I stopped cycling and it went away within a few weeks. This time the first trigger was running, but has been around since July. I was diagnosed on October 31.

Well, i'm rambling, but I wanted to say thanks for suggesting the sleep position thoughts. It makes sense, sort of like not crossing legs any longer. Thank you for following up months later too, so we knew you hit a long term solution.
jenny1234 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote