View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 07:16 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default Bilateral Tarsal Tunnel AND Bilateral Cubital Tunnel Sydromes?

This is my first post on NeuroTalk, I recently discovered the forum and have been blown away by all the knowledge and support of everyone here. It feels incredible to have this community of people dealing with similar issues so I don't feel like I'm going crazy.

I was diagnosed with bilateral tarsal tunnel by an orthopedic surgeon (w/ specialty in feet/ankles) about 4 months ago. An EMG test confirmed this diagnosis. I went through the steps of orthotics, resting/icing, and steroid injections with little to no response. I was prescribed Neurontin but don't want to try it due to the bad side effects that seem all too common. Tendon release surgery was suggested, but I'm doing everything I can to avoid that route.

I saw another doctor (interventional orthopedist) to start a form of treatment called perineural injection therapy. Right before starting this treatment (about 2 weeks go) for the TTS, both of my arms began hurting at the elbow along with tingling in my ring and pinky fingers. I saw another orthopedic surgeon that specializes in wrist/arms about this tingling and pain in my arms/fingers and was diagnosed with cubital tunnel syndrome. Ulnar nerve transposition surgery was suggested.

Thinking that it may be a deeper issue, I scheduled an appointment a week from today to see a neurologist about getting to the root of the neuropathy. After combing through some threads here, it seems that it could be TOS, HNPP, or cervical sydrome? I just have no clue how I could have gotten bilateral nerve entrapments in both my feet and elbows.

If anyone can shed light on this, that would be so helpful. It's gotten to the point where I can barely complete tasks for work and I cannot drive at all.

Some possibly relevant info: I am a 27 year-old female with a short and slender frame, of Mediterranean/Middle Eastern descent. Currently taking Aderall XR and have been for years now.

Thanks so much everyone.
DinoGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Tobius (11-18-2019)