View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 04:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTP1234 View Post
I guess one question I have, is in the length dependent symptoms, do your your feet continue to get worse as the condition progresses up your leg? He seemed to imply that I would have some sort of sensory loss, pain, more severe tingling in my feet if I was experiencing symptoms further up my leg.

Hard to answer: usually PN would start in your feet first and then go up if you don't stop the cause. The honest truth is even the best neurologists sometimes have to guess a bit. Our nervous system is incredibly complex, and it doesn't help that our brains play a part in deciding what we are feeling (or not). Even the "knots" along the way can generate their own pain as they expect a signal but don't get it etc. And those can be "retrained" it seems to "shut up".

I have zero pain in my calves, they do feel slightly numb, but all the real pain is concentrated in my toes (big toes the worst). I have very very light tingling sometimes in my fingers - but not bad enough to prevent me from playing piano or guitar or bass -, but no where else on my body at all.

As said, keep a diary, but be fully prepared to not listen to "us", as you really seem to have a different condition that isn't "peripheral".
Wide-O is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote