View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 09:38 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Explore our TOS forum & stickies there to see if any of it fits..
Posture? forward head & shoulders , hunched /rolled shoulders ?
Other factors..
Desk work, sports, hobbies, phone, gaming, computer..
Past whiplash
Repetitive work , previous RSIs

and xray/MRIs to check for bone anomalies or extra cervical ribs..

Best to find out if TOS or not before any surgery, some had carpal tunnel or cubital tunnel surgeries only to find out later when symptoms were still happening, that they did have TOS and probably didn't need those other surgeries..
Thank you for your response. I definitely have some issues with posturing and have been doing my best to become more aware of when I'm hunching my shoulders or craning my neck. I do a lot of computer work, so that doesn't help either. Perhaps PT could help with some muscle strengthening or posture correction.

In terms of imaging, I've had an ankle MRI, lumbar MRI, and elbow x-ray. None of these showed any issues. It seems like it would be wise to get MRIs of the thoracic and cervical areas of my back as well. I definitely want to hold off on surgeries for the time being. Like you said, it seems way too common that patients jump into surgeries with the urging of their doctor, only to find out that it was completely pointless.

One question I have not yet found an answer to is whether or not TOS can cause symptoms of tarsal tunnel? It seems unlikely due to the anatomy, especially since TTS were the first symptoms I was having for awhile...
DinoGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Tobius (11-18-2019)