View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 01:30 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default How Do I Deal With All Of This Concussion Anxiety?

Hi everyone,

I have been suffering with PCS since May of this year which has been gradually improving, but my anxiety about hitting my head has really started to increase in the past 3 months.

The problem that has really been bothering me is always questioning “if I just bumped my head” whenever I go near things. I also get extremely worried about things like fist bumping someone, sitting down too hard on a chair, bumps in the road while I’m driving, turning my head too quickly, and someone friendly punching me in the shoulder.

I can never convince myself that I’m okay no matter how hard I try and I always have to ask my friends and family for reassurance every time any little thing like that happens, and they’re really starting to get annoyed. I have been seeing a psychologist, but I still question myself all the time. the psychologist thinks that this is related to previously existing OCD that I didn’t really know that I had.

Does anyone know how to deal with these thoughts? The fact of not knowing if I just hit my head or not really bothers me. I get very worried because I know that concussion symptoms can show up later so I get nervous that I will start feeling symptoms and then go back to where I was with PCS before. Would I always know if I hit my head or is it actually possible that I can bump my head and be questioning whether or not I actually just bumped my head?

Today I was drying my hands on a towel right next to an open door. I turned to walk out of the bathroom and heard a cracking noise. My head was close to the door so I’m not sure if I hit my head on the corner of the door or if it was just my neck cracking. I was kind of zoned out when this happened so I’m not really sure if I hit my head or not and now I’m really nervous. Do you think that I hit my head on the door?
redsox is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote