View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 02:58 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

The only post on this thread regarding booster vaccinations is on page 15 by Mwolf. It is his only post. We have a dog, and when I was going through the worst of the vaccine reaction I asked our vet if everyone in her practice routinely got the rabies boosters, and if she ever heard of anyone having severe reactions. She said yes, everyone in her practice was vaccinated and boostered regularly, and she had known people who had serious reactions, and had long recovery times. My brother-in-law is a retired policeman, and he also said some of the officers who experienced dog bites on duty and had the post exposure vaccine series had long lasting reactions. The reactions are nerve related/neurological. I don't think it's as uncommon as the medical world would have us believe. That said, I'm still grateful the vaccine is available. I just would never have routine boosters. If I had another bite/scratch/lick exposure I would do the 2 post exposure boosters (with great fear and trepidation,) but what's worse, a reaction, or dieing of rabies?
Batbite24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote