View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 05:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default No More Fight or Flight?

Over this past summer I learned that I am no longer able to experience the "fight or flight" response. I'm not sure if my body simply isn't producing enough epinephrine (adrenaline) to initiate the response or if there is a physical failure somewhere or throughout my glandular and nervous systems (amygdala, hypothalamus, the adrenal glands, the autonomic nervous system, etc.). I'm in my 23d year of PD, onset at nearly age 34--summer of 1996. Yes, things are getting ugly these days.
I was wondering if anyone else here has gone through this? I feel like I should put it to "some" good use. For the first time in my life, I literally "experience" no fear. That has to be good for something.
Thanks to all.

These forums are for mutual support and the sharing information only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by qualified health care professionals. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read about here.
toyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eds195 (11-11-2019), johnt (11-11-2019), moondaughter (11-11-2019), soccertese (02-19-2020)