View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 07:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Blood panels are always useful. I don't know where you live, so it may be easy for me to say, and expensive/cumbersome for you.

When I was in a bad shape and searching for answers, I had regular blood panels done, to also see trends, to see what supplements actually worked etc. But for me, if I call today, it will be done tomorrow morning and would have the results Tuesday for €2.00 Your mileage may vary.

I put the important ones in a spreadsheet to see over a full year what worked and what didn't. That way I ended up just taking D3, magnesium, and B12 - which is what my GP completely agreed with too, plus watching my diet. Not like a maniac, I still had my fries or whatever once a week, but my "bad cholesterol" was reduced to 1/3rd in 8 months (she had to look twice, but yep...). While eating quite a bit of healthy fats still (olive oil etc), but just going easy on the carbohydrates (and fast sugars, d'oh).

So still lots to try without stressing out too much. I spent 10 hours on my feet working on my car yesterday, using heavy machinery etc. No pain today (yeah, my back LOL). Age 57, so no longer a pup... So we learn to manage it, good days and some bad ones.
Wide-O is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LUFC (04-17-2021)