View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 08:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyL View Post
Over this past summer I learned that I am no longer able to experience the "fight or flight" response. I'm not sure if my body simply isn't producing enough epinephrine (adrenaline) to initiate the response or if there is a physical failure somewhere or throughout my glandular and nervous systems (amygdala, hypothalamus, the adrenal glands, the autonomic nervous system, etc.). I'm in my 23d year of PD, onset at nearly age 34--summer of 1996. Yes, things are getting ugly these days.
I was wondering if anyone else here has gone through this? I feel like I should put it to "some" good use. For the first time in my life, I literally "experience" no fear. That has to be good for something.
Thanks to all.

NO Fear? none at all? Is it sort of a "well eff everything" kind of experience?That is REALLY interesting...but scary to me ...lol. (not sure who i would become without some measure of humility) It was/is for this reason I stay (ed)away from agonists. I see reading another of your posts you also decline from taking agonists.

I experience very little dyskinesia with mucuna (dosed often but at this stage somewhat unpredictably) + very low dose sinemet but now experience convulsions in my hips with on/off dilemma.

I mark my "acute to stubbornly persistent" parkinsonism pattern about 25 years ago age 36 (resting tremor , cogwheel rigidity etc etc (forgotten the rest) ... or perhaps I've just grown weary of attempting explanations- especially bout symptoms.

Kind regards,
MD

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla

Last edited by moondaughter; 11-11-2019 at 09:53 PM.
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eds195 (11-11-2019), johnt (11-11-2019)