View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 02:55 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

I'm not going to comment on this event because I am not sure whether seeking and receiving reassurance is a healthy pattern for you or not (I had the same tendency and realized it was not good for me, and I have been trying for a long time to cease it), but I hope the following can help. Have you tried reading your own threads in the past, when you were worried about an incident that happened to cause no long-term issues?

I do it with mine from time and time and realize that I have been worried as hell about things that I don't even remember now. It might give you a bit of perspective on your tendency to catastrophize and use very strong and exaggerated statements ("devastated", "my life is over", "mourn the loss of my old self", etc.).

Another thing that strikes me is that your symptoms appear to be mild and vague, as if you were not even sure that you are experiencing them. When I suffered a concussion or even a significant setback I couldn't have written "I've been feeling unwell I guess" or "head a little headachy". Do you remember how you felt after your (genuine) concussion(s)?
Vania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark in Idaho (11-15-2019)