View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 08:56 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Head Sensitivity to Motion Solved!!!

I have had post concussion syndrome for about 1.5 years now. Before the onset of PCS, I had ~7 concussions. In the last 5 months I developed a sensitivity to motion that would result in concussion symptoms after a head motion went above a threshold, which subsequently lowered the threshold for further incidents as many of you describe. For 2 months the sensitivity progressed to concussion symptoms appearing after a sneeze, laugh, or any mild activity.

After doing much research and stumbling upon MrPCS on this forum, I had my hormone levels checked and my testosterone levels were low for my age, 440 ng/dL at 17, but not below the general limit of ~330 ngl/dL. I was very fortunate to find a doctor who would prescribe me Clomid, and after 5 weeks my sensitivity has improved miraculously. I can ride in cars again, walk without having to tip toe, and enjoy life much more.

I disagree with MrPCS that the concussion symptoms are psychosomatic. I am aware I am not an objective observer of my being, but through many quasi-concussion events and observations, I fully believe these symptoms are real. I believe the pituitary gland mediates some unknown mechanism of brain recovery after a concussion, and a damaged hypothalamus axis would impede this recovery.

I heavily recommend getting hormone levels checked and finding a doctor that cut from the same cloth as Dr. Mark Gordon. (My doctor was Dr. Michael Lewis)
Michael4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
natkat126 (11-22-2019)