Old 11-16-2019, 11:30 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy2012 View Post
I thought I had neuropathy for a long time, turns out I have erythromelalgia. Burning feet. Biggest thing that has helped me is a specific laser treatment that uses the avicenna laser. I tried Klaser and others but they did not work. I think many people are misdiagnosed with neuropathy since many doctors do not know what EM is. My neurologist doesn't know what it is but admits after reading my papers that it sounds like I have it. I quit using her.

Laser has been my life line.
I also have Erythromelalgia and have also struggled to find a doctor that has ever heard of EM. It has taken 5 years to find someone, but I've finally found a neurologist who is younger and, while he has not directly treated any patients with Erythro, he encountered some patients during his residency. He may not know everything, but he asks questions to gain a better understanding of my pain, he takes the time to research EM in depth, and he has reached out to one of the leading experts on the disorder to consult on my case.

What kind of laser treatments have you had that have helped? I would do just about anything to decrease the frequency/intensity of the burning nerve pain in my hands, ears, and feet Also, do you have primary or secondary Erythro?

Thanks for sharing!
saraneely is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote