View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 11:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I got a positive test result for Lyme Disease

After living with a misdiagnosis of fibromyalgia for 3 and a half years, and constantly searching for more answers, I was tested for Lyme Disease by IGeneX in CA and the result was positive. The testing was covered by Medicare because I'm on SS disability but there are still some people, even some doctors I've been to, who don't believe the test is correct. It's not approved by the FDA but I don't trust the FDA anyway.

My regular doctor believes it's true and he put me on doxycycline for 5 months but it didn't help at all so we decided to stop it. I'm wondering what to do next and I know he's wondering too because I think he realizes it will never go away. I'm feeling weaker every day and I've already had bad reactions to so many antibiotics that I'm not sure an IV treatment would be even be a good idea.

My story is much longer but I'm tired, as usual, and I just wanted to ask if anyone can tell me what to expect in the future. If I just continue to take pain meds, which I can't live without, and do no more treatment of any kind, what can I expect to happen to me and when? It's been 4 yrs. now since I got sick, from what the doctors thought was a spider bite, so the Lyme went untreated for 3 and a half yrs. I'm 47, disabled, and feel like I'm ready to just give up. I guess I need some words of encouragement.

Thanks for listening. Dianne in PA (but I lived in southern VA when I got the "bite")
lymed_in_va is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote