Thread: england calling
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 02:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello all it’s been a while, I hope you are all well.

The last twenty months have been life altering to say the least.

June 2018 my mum died, after breaking her hip. Her dementia just wouldn’t allow her body to heal. I’m glad she no longer suffers.

In October 2018 I was diagnosed with having an Abdominal Aortic Anuryseum. It was 4.2cm when found, and grew to 4.7cm in the first 3 months..
I was put on medication to slow the growth rate and in September 2019 it was 4.8cm

Nothing can be done until it gets to 5.2cm then options are a stent or graft.....dependent on health.

Then in July this year 2019. I noticed an inverted nipple, saw my dr and after tests was told I had Breast Cancer.
In the UK 444 men a year get this, so I was shocked to say the least?

I’ve since had a mastectomy, and a full lymph clearance in right arm.

I start chemotherapy on Tuesday 19th of November for 18 weeks treatmeant, then radiotherapy and hormone therapy to follow after.

Time is a strange thing and I look back on my life and concern myself that my worrying and anxiety have truly caught up with me now and the physical ailments are side effects of my mental health condition.

I have learnt the hard way....don’t worry about anything not in your control, appreciate everything, show gratitude as it defeats sadness and believe in your heart
Love will overcome everything..

Take care of You

David

DMACK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (11-27-2019), ger715 (11-22-2019)