View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 10:27 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrico View Post
Wow, very interesting. I've had this sensitivity from age twelve to age twenty-two (now). At twenty-one I asked a doctor to check my testosterone for this very reason, and it was also in the 400s. The doctor said I was fine, nothing to worry about. Maybe I should take a second look at hormone therapy.

Interestingly, something I've never mentioned on the forum is that one of the most helpful things for my symptoms is abstaining from sexual release. I always assumed the effect was strictly psychological, but who knows.... There is a lot of data on celibacy boosting testosterone and having other beneficial effects on the brain.
Dr. Michael Lewis said that a testosterone level in the 400s is 1/2 to 1/3 of what a healthy 17 year old should have. Many people have articulated that the established lower level of 330 ng/dL is too general for every age group. The first endocrinologist I saw said that my levels were fine, so the main challenge is finding a doctor who recognizes the issue. Dr. Lewis operated over the phone for me, so you would not have to travel to see him, and I guarantee he would prescribe Clomid. Unfortunately he does not take insurance and is pricey.
Michael4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote