View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 03:06 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Hi Grifter. I am glad you found this community and that you are focusing on treatment.

I was warned about my neuropathy after my first 28 day stint in 2016. I didn't stay sober and kept putting poison in my body. Eventually in 2018, I went to rehab again, this time for 4 months. Nothing like waking up in a detox in a massive amount of pain from neuropathy. Anxiety ridden, loss of hope, confused, and lost. That was me.

There is lots of wisdom in Wide-O's post above. Awesome post.

I know this is tough, but I can tell you that it can get a lot better. Everyone's bodies are different but we are resilient. What's key is to stay sober, and to take it easy on yourself.

I can give you insight for what has helped me. In short though it's lifestyle changes. Exercise and diet. Making adjustments. It takes time but it's very much possible.

When I got here I read the entire first thread and this one. So if you havent already I would do some digging. I think you will find some hope in seeing how people have battled for a better life. I know I did.

Hang in there for now. I know you can do it. If you have any specific questions, shoot them out. I'll be back later or tomorrow and can post more of what helped me early on when I was in treatment.
On_A_Freeway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
grifter (12-15-2019), PamelaJune (01-11-2020), Wide-O (11-24-2019)