View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 11:15 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Derrick and I went to help set up for the Arc's holiday dinner last night.

Then we had the dinner, It was a really nice night. We had over 120 I
believe folks with disabilities and their guest, or family members.
I believe next year I'll see if Dale wants to go with us. I think he might have come and joined us this year if I'd known he might want to I'd have turned him in as one of our numbers. Anyway, its hard to know with him.

I need to start thinking about taking Will to some of our things when he gets just a little older too, its supposed to be Adults but we have some younger kids at times. And I think it would be good for him. If he is with me.

Derrick and another young man were in charge of telling people were to put the Hats and gloves, and their coats. And then I was helping with registration.

And then we had a table for cards to the troops and I was making sure they got signed and back. So we had about 100 cards ready to go out too.
And about 5 made by some of our adults.

Then of course we had to clean up. What is really so different about this
group is once we start cleaning up or ask for extra help to set up. They come in numbers to help. So we had many helping us while others were dancing. So it took a lot less time to do this. I was pushing the broom cleaning the things on floor. Derrick and many were putting tables, chairs up. Then Derrick mopped some areas for me. And we left about 30 minutes after it ended.

It was a great night.
Donna
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (11-24-2019), mymorgy (11-24-2019)