View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 11:05 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Diffuse Peripheral Neuropathy and Fasiculations After Shingles

Hello,

I should preface this by saying I work in healthcare and even doing that still doesnt get you much extra help. Most people with cases I read on here have followed a similar course of people not knowing what to do but this is my case:

A few months ago I developed Shingles on my left inner groin and penis and developed neuropathy in left calf during treatment with Valtrex got lesions on my buttcrack and developed neuropathy in my right calf (which I know crossing midline is uncommmon). But after I finished Valtrex I felt better for about three weeks or so. At that time, I suddenly developed neuropathy in my right pinky and from there it spread up my arm back to my legs and to my other arm, face (primarily trigeminal nerve area), and tongue. After the numbness had spread to my face (not tongue yet tongue was last) I developed fasiculations in my eyes, legs, and arms. I also developed tightness (or perception of) in my right calf. That has since spread to other calf, quads, and hamstrings. I have no clinical weakness (I work out and have not developed weakness). The fasiculations have improved but not resolved. I also have burning in my upper legs and my right foot is numb. My NCS showed diminished on the left leg (primary side of shingles) but responses to both legs per neuro were good. I have minor ulnar neuropathy in RUE where this all started. He stated my anatomy could have been reason for that but I had never had ulnar neuropathy before. He deferred EMG. My MRI of Brain, C, and T spine were negative. All labs were negative other than Shingles, my IgG after treatment >4000 higher than scale could read but no one could tell me what that means.

I have read some of these forums which has been very helpful but does anyone have any insight on my case or thoughts on what might be happening? I feel as someone who had no medical problems prior to this (Im only 30) that this somehow related to Shingles but I dont know. Sorry for long post but hoping someone could help me.
duncansheik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote