View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 01:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My PM decided that my nerve block was going to be used as diagnostic only. It worked for two days and stopped. We also believe to have youth on my side as well as date of onset. (28 yrs old & 12/2006 onset). It is definitely much better to be aggressive about your treatment as well as to try and remain as optimistic as you can about your situation. If something goes wrong in my home because of my disorder I try to find the positive.

For example: I homeschool my son. I worked at night, daddy works during the day. Well now since working hurts me and the meds make me non-coherent @ work, I stay home. The positive spin is this: more time spent with my son (watching cartoons while laying in bed when I am in a flare up), more time spent with my husband because I am not running out the door as he gets home so that I can go to work.

Please take from this board what you can. Please offer this board what you can. Many of us know your daughters pain and agony. Many of us mothers know your pain and agony. My mom recently told me that it was hard for her to see me in pain because she can't do anything about it, she can't make it go away for her baby. The little things she does though to make my life that much easier when the pain is bad is enough, take it away. It may not go away, but I don't have to do that strenuous thing that would have made is so much worse.

You should seek out some counseling for your daughter and even yourself. You need to find someone who you can turn to when you feel like you have just had enough.

Hugs. Sorry it's long.

CHRISTINE

I AM NOT A DRUG SEEKER,
I AM A PAIN RELIEF SEEKER.
junk4myemail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote