Thread: Diagnosis Stage
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2019, 02:24 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Diagnosis Stage

Hi, Everyone!

I've had tingling that started in the front of my left shin for about a year now (since October 2018). It spread up to my knee and front of my thigh.

I had a brain MRI (clear) a lumbar MRI (clear) and a lumbarsac x-ray (clear). I've had multiple blood tests, only raised ESR (36mm at the highest) and CRP (1.5 mg/dl), but rheumatologist and neurologist both said those could be due to obesity, not anything concerning. ANA markers are negative. No diabetes. No MS.

My left elbow and left side of my face also tingles. My tongue burns at times.

Within the past 5 weeks, my foot began to hurt and got numb below the ankle. Orthopedist says it's Sural Neuritis.

My neurologist asked "is this something you can live with? then you graduated from me."

I don't feel like that's helpful.

I'm not sure where to go with this - I feel like something is wrong, and why are they not testing? My neuro didn't even do any nerve conduction? What on earth?

I'm terrified I have something like amyloidosis because nothing else is showing up... do I keep pressing?? I have toenail fungus (and have for 5 years now) but I read that could be due to amyloid deposits. I'm so scared. I don't really know what to do here. My doctors have all put this up to anxiety and just "idiopathic" neuropathy without thorough diagnostic testing.

Has this happened to anyone else? I don't know what to push for? Nerve conduction? Biopsy? Do I worry about amyloid or is that a longshot?
gailveronica is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote