Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
goodgrief20 has not posted since Feb, 2017
Thank you Mark, I should have picked that up with the dates of his last post. May I ask for your assistance here with protocol on this support group? Should I make a first post and introduce myself and symptoms? I am struggling a lot alone with a host of terrible symptoms, with not much help from my GP who just wants to prescribe further medication(SSRI) ,which I am weary as prescribed medication (poly drugging) has been the cause of my brain injury, and I am sure that the members here would be able to assist me through their experience with healing the brain and central nervous system. The biggest question I have right now is which thread do I approach on this support group? I am a 53 year old male and have a brain injury caused by taking two CNS depressants in March 2019, i.e. Ambien and Alzam (Alprazolam benzodiazapene), where I had already developed sleep Apnea (without knowing at that stage) which brought on a sudden onset of terrible symptoms overnight due to a lack of oxygen to the brain.The follow up by my doctor was to put me on an SSRI, which made my situation even worse. I am still busy tapering off the benzo and stopped the Ambien and SSRI, which has left me with really bad insomnia and battling with a host of symptoms which fall in line with Sleep Apnea & Sleep Disorders and Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome. I have lost sense of taste, have poor fuzzy vision, have burning skin sensation, really high anxiety,apathy, derealisation, agoraphobia, lethargia, stay in bed and not functional. I have lost hope as cant seem to find anyway of getting out of being locked in physical and mental turmoil.
Cybera is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote