View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 01:53 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARose View Post
Quick Update regarding my wife, we received great news in the form of a clean EMG test results. Nerves are healthy and operating properly. No neurological diseases.

This plus the addition of Gabepentin has helped with the nerve discomfort. It has dulled down the twitches but they are still present and lead to the everlasting anxieties that come with it regardless of a clean bill of health.

Having read through a lot of this thread I am still curious how long some of your nerve twitches last for. We are 60 Days into this situation thus far, our neurologist chalked them up to be Myokymic twitches. Curious if anyone else had a similar diagnosis.

Thanks
ARose, wish I could be more help with a time line. There were so many side effects going on with me that I don't recall exactly when the twitches stopped. (My neurologist called them myoclonic.) I do know however, that the myoclonus was one of the first symptoms to clear. This Christmas Eve will mark three years since I was bitten and had the post exposure series. I am doing very well. Hoping and praying the same for your wife and everyone who has ever had a brush with possible rabies and reacted to the vaccine.
Batbite24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote