View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 08:17 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Second concussion

Hi all,
I wanted to look for a bit of support as I had something a little scary happen to me while I’m recovering from my second concussion. First a bit of background - I hit my head right on the top when I was at work. It was two weeks ago today. I didn’t black out, I didn’t see stars but it was a pretty good whack. I had a small headache and goose egg but didn’t think anything of it. It was two days later that I started to feel foggy and couldn’t focus. So I went to the doctor and they gave me a week off work.

Fast forward to two days ago, I’ve slowly been able to incorporate tv back into my routine. I was playing video games and the center of my vision started to go a bit blurry, like I had looked at something really bright and it left an imprint on my vision. Then a small colourful zig zag line formed along the periphery of my right eyeline. It kind of had a pattern of a kaleidoscope. I was freaking out and thought I had done some serious damage to my eyes by playing video games so I turned them off and went to bed. The whole thing cleared up in about 25 minutes and I just felt super scared after. No pain in my head or anything.

One of my friends told me they have had that happen to them and it’s when they get a migraine. So I looked it up and sure enough they are called auras or ocular migraines.

This is the first time I’ve ever had a migraine, I don’t typically get headaches or anything like that (unless I bump my head on something) but now I’m afraid with this second concussion I’ll keep getting more. It really freaked me out. Should I go back to see the doctor? I made an appointment with my eye doctor just to get things looked at but should I go back to my regular doctor and let them know I had this migraine?

Thanks so much!
Scoots86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote