Looking back over my testing from 2019, I see the following:

CBC w/diff: nothing stands out
CMP: nothing stands out
ESR: 36 mm/hr
CRP: 1.5 mg/dl
Lyme: negative
ANA: negative

MRI lumbar: clear

MRI brain: A few foci of subcortical, periventricular, and deep white matter T2 FLAIR hyperintensity which are stable and nonspecific but can be associated with demyelinating disease in the appropriate clinical setting.
There is a subtle T2 FLAIR hyperintensity in the left posterior frontal cortex, image 4 series #4 which is of uncertain significance.

3 years ago I presented to my GP with vertigo / heat intolerance / overall feeling of illness. I was sent to a neurologist who ordered an MRI and said it might be MS. My MRI from 3 years ago looks the same as my MRI now (with lesions), so new neurologist said it is *not* MS.

A rheumatologist ordered (2016):

PROTEIN ELECTROPHERISIS which included:

Serum Protein Electrophoresis: An increase in acute phase reactants, suggestive of an inflammatory process.

Serum Immunofixation: Polyclonal immunoglobulins. Negative for monoclonal paraproteins.

My question is - since these were ordered 3 years ago, would it be beneficial to have my rheumatologist test again? My tingling/numbness began over a year ago, so it would have been 2 years between testing and new onset of symptoms.

Or, should I continue to press my neuro for a more extensive workup?
gailveronica is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote