View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 02:56 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Gail,

I have RSD in my right arm, hand, back, neck, shoulders, pelvic area, right side, right foot and leg.

I have had 3 blocks also that put mine into remission along with PT and triggerpoint injections. My Dr. uses Lidocaine, Mericaine and/or Zylocaine in the injections. He has never used steroids because it takes several TPI's to help. I would let them try both. It sounds like she is trying to help you in some ways.

I do know those feelings. Like Desi said, I have had all of them and I think a lot of us do when we first start on the journey with RSD. It doesn't go away until you find a Dr. that is willing to help you deal with it and try and help you through it.

Councelling is a good thing to think about if you are not in it. I have been in it for 8 years but with me I also deal with major depression. I now have an implant in for depression which is doing nothing for me at the time. Depression is made worse by pain.

I am glad you found the forum here. There are a lot of good people here who will help you at least get through some of the loneliness that comes with the RSD.

i've had 4 surgeries on my right arm. When I first got the RSD I begged Drs. to cut my arm off. Some looked at me like I was nuts, others said no we'll get you through it and they did.

Don't give up on her helping you. It sounds like she is trying harder then most you have had. We all find help through different kinds of Drs. My help with RSD has came through my PCP, PA, Hand Surgeon and Anesteologist. With RSD it usually takes a team.

I hope you are getting some rest tonight and I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Remember, hang around girl.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote