View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 01:06 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default It does get better

I just wanted to post this as somebody who used to use this form for information about post concussion syndrome. I suffered (after a knock to the back of my head from an assault) with horrendous headaches, clamping sensation on the back on my head, nerve issues in my neck, nausea, brain fog and the inability to concentrate or watch tv or monitor screens. This brought on depression and even suicidal thoughts, it was the worst time of my life. Fast forward 5 years later (recovery took me roughly 2 years until symptoms settled) and I’m living a normal life again. It still can (very mildly) feel painful in my neck when it’s cold outside) but other than that, I am symptom free. I just wanted to post this to let others know that it does improve, over time (as long as it’s not a very serious brain injury). But also know that it can take a very long time (depending on the severity of your injury). Don’t give up hope!

Most people improve and never bother letting others know that this can and does get better, with care and patience. All the best and merry Christmas.
Doozer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bellbird (12-29-2019), davOD (12-06-2019)