View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 05:00 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

@kiwi33

We all want to believe that the medical system can be of help - but there are serious systematic problems - perverse incentives - that have prevented medicine in becoming what it could have been. My purpose is not to discourage anyone, but to bring a context where the focus is not about palliative care - but about asking the hard questions that might move things forward.

An example I would offer is much of the medical dogma about cholesterol has fallen apart - some of it brought down by people taking the research into their own hands. For instance - this guy has poked a rather large hole in what passed as common knowledge about cholesterol: Google cholesterolcode

( I don't think cholesterol is important for most heart disease - it appears they have the arrow of causation backwards. Cholesterol goes up when tissue is damaged - not the cause).

If we take CAD(most heart disease) - it appears that the biggest factor may turn out to be lead exposure over one's life.. The point is accepting the narratives without question is not going to fix things.

What is causative in PN? Well we know elevated BG is in play for some people - but not much else. Is there a link with the increase in PN with the consumption of concentrated seed oil? (no one has looked at it) There are hints that metal exposure are involved in at lease some cases. The metal tests they run do not show long term lead exposure - there is a non invasive test - but no one runs it. (Lead goes into the bone - there is a florescent x-ray test).. etc etc

My biggest point here is I don't think I believe that PN will turn out to be incurable in the long term. The narrative that medicine is so competent that they can detect all types of infections is clearly false. (they miss the majority of urine culture bugs). ( Taking a viral culture of a nerve fiber is not easy nor is it practiced.) If we as patients just sit back - take the antidepressants, and benzos instead of asking hard questions of our doctors - we are part of the problem.
lrak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
caroline2 (12-09-2019), Joe Duffer (12-15-2019), northerngal (12-10-2019)