View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 11:36 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Increasing fully body numbness

Hello alltogetger,

in the last few months i have experienced a load of symptoms and no doctor seems to be able to diagnose me so far.

Four months ago i had an UTI which was successfully treated with antibiotics (cerufoxin). A week later i woke up and my vision was blurry in both eyes and my skin was slightly numb all over my body (no normal patch left). In the next weeks i developed intense night sweats, tinnitus, false hot/cold sensations, muscle twitching, balance issues, motor issues and a few more. I went to ER and they did blood tests, MRT of head and spine, which all came back normal. My LP showed slightly elevated white cell levels (70cells) but nothing more, not bands. Four weeks later a second tests was done and the cell level was down to zero. B12 was not tested low also. I did Antibody tests for NMO, Lima test, which came back negative too. After about 2 months almost all the above mentioned symptoms faded away. Now i am just left with my blurry vision (which stays the same) and slowly increasing numbness all over my body. I feel like i get kind of a rush every few days and then it stays at this level. My skin feels very smooth, as if it is not getting moisturized correctly anymore. Muscles seem to weaken a bit too. I do not have any pain or pins and needles, just sensory numbness everywhere. It also feels like my bladder is numb too since i need to go to the toilet way less frequent than before.
aim getting a skin biopsy but the results will come back in 3-4 months...

Did anyone experience this before? Im not sure it its just the skin, kind of feels like numb from the "inside" too but its hard to explain.
I am not a heavy drinker or diabetic. I do not drink anymore at all since 4 months but the symptoms still slowly increase but with a pace where i think everything will be fully numb in a few months.
No one is able to find a cause or treatment and they kind of just told me to live with it. They said they have never seen a case like mine. Any ideas?

Thank you for your help
Klebk123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Wholebodynumbness! (03-11-2022)