View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 04:49 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Hi Dexter454,
that's great your 25-hydroxy vitamin d3 levels went up from 27 ng/dL to 39 ng/dL. Most people put 32 ng/dL as the target to ensure optimal calcium absorption. A few questions related to your vitamin d levels:
1. How come your 3/2018 25-hydroxy vitamin D3 levels and your 25-hydroxy vitamin D2 levels don't add up to your 25-hydroxy vitamin D level? I thought the only types of 25-hydroxy vitamin Ds are 25-hydroxy vitamin D2 and 25-hydroxy vitamin D3.

2. In the post-test levels (after a year of taking the 2000 IU d3 supplement), how come your 25-hydroxy vitamin D2 and 25-hydroxy vitamin D3 levels don't add up to your 25-hydroxy vitamin D level?

---end questions related to vitamin d levels---

There's substantial debate among practitioners as to what an acceptable lower threshold for vitamin d deficiency is (they usually use 25-hydroxy vitamin d3 levels as a surrogate)...some say anything over 15 ng/mL is okay, others want it to be closer to 40 ng/mL. I wonder why your doc put you on vitamin D, as it's primarily involved in calcium absorption (so good for preventing fractures and osteoporosis), but to my knowledge isn't really involved in fixing nerve pain...I could be wrong, so please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Regarding your b12 levels, the reference ranges from the two b12 blood tests I had done put the upper limits at 900 pg/mL 1245 pg/mL, but I have no idea if 1712 pg/mL is dangerous or anything like that.

I have no idea about the supplements you're taking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter454 View Post
Hi Everyone, I was wondering if anyone can help me with some Lab and Vitamin results. I am trying to see if my numbers are right and if the supplements are o.k that I am taking,and trying to figure out why my P/N is getting worse and spreading. My doctor back on 3/2018 said my vitamin D was low at - Vitamin D25 hydroxy-D3- 27 ng/ml Vitamin D25 hydroxy D2- 4 ng/ml 25 hydroxy vitamin D- 39 ng/ml and told me to start a Vitamin D supplement D3[2000 IU] 50Mcg. Just had another test one year later and it is up to,
Vitamin D 25 Hydroxy D3- 39 ng/ml
Vitamin D 25 Hydroxy D2- 4 ng/ml
25 Hydroxy Vitamin D - 39 ng/ml

I was just wondering if these new numbers are o,k ?

I also take Vitamin B-12 and my numbers from Lab are at 1,712 PG/Mil is this too high?
I am sorry I don't quite know how to read these. The other supplements I am taking are as follows: slo mag,,milk thistle [175 mg]. omega 3 fish oil 1,040mg. vitamin C 500 mg. Turmeric Curcumin 800 mg. complete multi vitamin...B-12 2,500 MCG , I am new to this site and would be so grateful if someone can help me with the lab numbers and if I am taking the right supplements or if I need to change, I am 61 years old and have had P/N for approx. 15 years now.
newToSFN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote