Old 12-13-2019, 12:56 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar55 View Post
He is only doing one side although I asked for both

He thinks it’s just Pec minor because all my symptoms are below my clavicle. I hope and pray I don’t end up needing the major rib removal surgery

I’m skeptical because I’ve never heard of anyone just getting a Pec release

Any advise or wisdom is appreciated
Hi! I actually had a pec minor release with Dr. Pearl in June of 2018. Long story, but I had a DVT 6.5 years ago in my left arm and was diagnosed with TOS. A vascular surgeon where I’m from did the first surgery and removed anterior scalene and first rib. I was doing well until I flared things up by teaching exercise classes. My first surgeon didn’t believe it could be pec minor, so I found dr Pearl. The surgery went well and recovery was easy compared to the first surgery. I unfortunately started having symptoms in my other arm within this last year. I saw Dr Pearl and had a scalene and pec minor block. I did get relief, so I have surgery scheduled for February. I really don’t want to go through all of this again but I’m not able to do anything without causing symptoms! I’ve been doing PT for over 8 months now without much change...so I guess here we go again. When is your surgery scheduled for?
twinmama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote