View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 01:25 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol'cs View Post
[CODE]my monicker is ol'cs, some of the "older’ PWP may remember me. I have posted here and at the " old " braintalk site, for 22 years now. I just wanted to say that a
"silicon chip" could be next wave of PD amelioration..l wish that I had the references for the neurnal network for the modification of neurons, however I can't post anymore without a great effort,,,, so scuze , I'm older now, and couldn't be bothered by thinking of a cure ,now. I sincerely hope that I am one of the last generation to be struck by this monster of a disease!
Amen
i keep watching the movie "YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN", hoping they'll add a sequel and i'll be able to sneak into that lab and try to regenerate some dead tissue in my brain. just kidding. too bad michael j fox had his television show cancelled, having a weekly sitcom that could be simultaneously funny and educational about pd couldn't hurt.
when i was first diagnosed i bought a device where i attached electrodes to each ear an applied a tiny current. the maker of the devIce didn't plan on pd'ers using it if i remember correctly so he was making an educated guess as to the settings. i didn't notice any temporary improvement and gave the device away. i tried a lot of stuff, chelation therapy to try to remove mercury, i had all my mercury containing amalgams removed, i think 3, because they were starting to wear out and had dental insurance which would pay 100% for the removal which was about to expire, it was cobra coverage from my former wife. i had the amalgams removed and a few days later my pd symptoms were 25% worse. a google search on parkinson's and mercury listed thousands of hits so i decided to try to remove HG, hadn't done a urinalysis on metals but went ahead anyway. underwent iv chelation from a MD, felt a little better after each IV for just a few hours, the MD had never treated anyone with pd but was certain the IV's would help. a friend had been a patient at this clinic for treatment of fibromyalgia and said she was doing better but was going to have to keep up with the iv's indefinately, and at $150/week and no idea if they would help i searched for a protocol where i could use cheap chelating agents and do it myself. i found the ANDY CUTLER protocol, CUTLER said he had a PH.D from the university if wa, had written a book that i could buy and lived nearby. i paid him $150 for a consult, he thought his protocol would help me, it was used by autistic patients and message boards for people using his protocol had lots of success stories. anyway, the protocol called for 2 sulfur containing chemicals, 1 reQuried a RX which my neuro wrote out and the other chemical was alpha lipoic acid. the protocol was to use the first chemical to remove mercury from your body tissues so when you started to use ALA the ALA which enters the brain could not pull Hg from your tissues into your brain. you'd use the first drug for 2 weeks, every 4 hrs, night and day, then measure Hg in your urine to decide if youcould switch to ALA for another 2 weeks. i might have some details wrong but i quit after 1 month. to say the least, it was exhausting. i didn't get any better,no way to say if it kept me from getting worse. also tried IV GLUTATHIONE, had a local compounding pharmacy mix it up, dr. wrote rx's for syringes, a nurse friend helped me "push" the mixture into my vein. no benefit. also tried low dose naltrexone, all sorts of supplements. the only thing that i did where i felt better, usually for only a day, was vigorous exercise. after playing 90 minutes of soccer i felt like i didn't have pd. i quit playing soccer 4 years after diagnosis at 52, was getting charlie horses during the game and risked tearing muscles. back then pd'ers were trying all sorts of alt-meds, but now hardly see anyone posting about trying anything except the HINZ protocol and exercise. sorry to reminisce, miss the good old days, when i was first diagnosed, a cure seemed to be just around the corner, phase1 gdnf trial had fantastic results, a dr. levesque at cedar sinai had implanted autolgous stem cells in 1 patient with good results and was gearing up for a larger trial. unfortunately he never got funding for further trials.
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20040623005280/en/Renowned-Medical-Research-Pioneer-Michel-Levesque-M.D.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote