View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 04:08 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default The “flat” effect/watered down emotions

Anyone had any success in treating the “flat” effect or watered down emotions after their injury? Along with “slow” thinking at times?

I feel like my focus is just not there at times. I feel slow mentally sometimes.
I feel like fortunately I don’t have the heavy depression that was there after my initial injury. But I still feel like my emotions are weaker than they used to be. Or simply the lack of intense pleasure. I’m not always as excited about things that used to get me really hyped up. I feel like when I think, I don’t think as rapidly and enthusiastically as I did before.

For example, sometimes I used to hear just the start of a song, and it would inspire ideas in my mind and I’d think back to a memory and have all of these flooding emotions. Now I just sort of hear the music and I know I like the song, but I don’t get that “magical feeling” inside.

It sounds bizarre. But it’s like I walk around and the world is foggy and everything is not as colorful as it used to be. I’m doing alright, I get joy out of things at some levels. It’s just not as intense as before, and more foggy at times too.
AlmondJoy87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bellbird (12-27-2019)