View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 11:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have had severe bouts of flat affect and fog. I've also bounced back as well. Focus is a struggle of mine and this plays into brain injury region I believe.

What causes those for me may be different than you.

#1) Nutrient levels

I found that once I started incorporating NAC, a precursor to the antioxidant glutathione, I could "feel" again. I also do well with fish oil, vitamin C, vitamin D, niacin, b vitamin complex, and lion's mane mushroom.

There's a book called "Why Isn't My Brain Working?" and in the book, the doctor says that brain fog is essentially caused by brain inflammation. He discusses how he reduces the inflammation/fog in the book with flavonoids.

Once our brains are injured, nutrients are used up and sometimes we need more than pre-injury to function.

#2) Food allergies and brain insulin resistance.

If I want brain fog, I eat carby foods. My brain clarity falls dramatically with wheat and dairy based foods as well as sugary and high-carb, processed foods.

#3) Emotional. This affected me early into my concussions and thankfully not anymore (that I perceive). but the shock of losing abilities and identity was a major player into my numbness at the time.

I find intermittent fasting can help with clarity as well as coffee and tea, but I crash with those, so I keep that in mind. Exercise can get some blood flow going as well.

Sometimes things such as candida or other infections can be in the brain and result in fog.
JBuckl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote