View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 07:40 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default Tooth 31 Extraction Question

Had tooth 31 extracted one week ago by an oral surgeon with local novacane. Extraction went smoothly (even though I needed additional novacane). About two days later I started with a sore throat when swallowing, swollen glands, and shooting pains in my ear, all on the side of the extraction. I called OS and he said it was unrelated to the extraction and recommended I follow up with my primary care physician. I did and he prescribed 500mg of Levofloxacin 10 day. I am on day 6 and not seeing much progress. I still have pain in the my glands, occasional shooting pains in the ear and my tooth still aches (as does the one above - not directly as that tooth was removed 30 years ago). The only thing that seems to help is Advil and lets me get through my work day. I am still flushing out the hole and doing warm salt water rinses twice daily. Is this normal? I love to exercise and be active and I've been sidelined since last Monday....starting to get depressed over constantly being in pain. Help any advice would be sorely welcome...no pun intended
debk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote