View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 06:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am a TOC'er too and have herniated and bulglings discs. I too had thumb issues. I've not had surgery. You can go back and read my Post if you like. I was misdiagnosed and took the wrong advice. I've suffered because of that and have very bad ill feelings toward the doctor who did misdiagnose me. I've been in PT since 2000. It keeps me working. I also try alternative things that seem to help in some way. 3" balloons under the arm pit opens up the area and seems to help my symptoms down the arm.

I don't know what test you're calling the 90-90. What test is that? I'd like to know.

My symptoms have decreased a lot over the years and I'm not ready to have surgery, although I'm still very symptomatic. I've learned the hard way about the dos and don'ts of TOC. It's very life altering. The pain patterns will change as time goes on.

I do think surgery can be successful, although I've read some pretty bad results and secondary complaints. You must have confidence in your surgeon. Ask him more questions about your particular procedure. Each person is different, thus each surgery has to be cretiqued to your anatomical structural condition. Rib resection and scalanectomy is also recommeded for my TOC. I'm at a mild stage right now but can exacerbate to moderate. I'm not severe any more but it's a chronic condition.

Best of luck with your future impending surgery or whatever you choose. I do think we're lifers with this condition, though... surgery or not.

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote