View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 11:13 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Sudden headaches & malaise

Hi all! I am new to this forum, and I've got a mystery I've been trying to solve for going on two years now.
Within these past two years, I have begun experiencing very low stress tolerance. For example, I drove 40 minutes to and from a mall yesterday, and it generated a severe migraine. This happened last time I drove a distance longer than 30 minutes, and I unfortunately tested the waters again with this most recent trip, with disappointing results. Generally, other people will drive me if it's not a local commute. I have developed a sensitivity to light and sound. For example, being around my niece and nephews (two 1 yr olds, two 10 yr olds) for longer than 20 minutes at a time will cause debilitating symptoms. I will feel off-balance, dizzy, nauseous, cognitively cloudy and develop headaches. I've had two normal MRIs, and my neurologist is stumped. I haven't had a history of neurological/headache issues until now. And these symptoms sometimes come about randomly, without any precipitating factors that I can pinpoint. I'll have a streak of "good days", followed by a streak of "bad days". With the latter, I have to stay away from people or any outside stimuli for fear of making the symptoms worse. Sometimes the headaches are all over my head, sometimes localized on the left-middle, or the back of the head. Any clues? Thank you so much.
DailyCoffee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote