View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 07:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Everyone, need your opinion I know its been awhile

I know its been so long that most of you may have forgotten me or just plain don't remember me. I'm Lynn from the old forum and have severe small fiber peripheral neuropathy. I've tried vitamins and the whole bit and am now on Duragesic patches which have helped somewhat better than anything else I've tried.

I had this little episode this past weekend I never want to relive. My previous Neurologist got to where he didn't talk or discuss anything with me period when I went to see him so I asked for a referral to another doctor in that same clinic who I'd heard good things about. I got this ugly letter in the mail stating "that neither he nor any of his staff would not treat me and that I had 30 days to get my medical records and find another doctor". He didn't even do the courtesy of helping me find another doctor. So here I am depending on my primary care physician to find a Pain Clinic in Kingsport, TN.

Anyway back to the weekend. My aforementioned Neuro's staff had 1 month to get my records prepared and sent to the new Pain doctor or clinic. I had an appointment last week and no records were sent to that office. The new docs hands were tied and the old doctor of course would not help at all even as a courtesy until I could seen the new doctor. So here I am without pain patches for 6 days until the new appointment. My attending doesn't believe in Pain Medication, I got no help from the other 2 docs. So guess what I sweated, felt bugs crawling on me and had to basically go through my own private little hell until I could go get my patches at the appointed time. By Mon. morning the drugs were out of my system but I was in so much body-wide pain that my husband had to drive me to my appointment. The pain was to the point that I could hardly walk. I have never been so humiliated and treated so badly by so called "doctors" in my life. Have any of you had a similar situation or could there me something I could do to remedy this situation not happening to another individual. It was all because a medical records department didn't do their job and sent my records to the new docs office and then I had to go through withdrawal symptoms. Had I know ahead al this would have happened I would have checked myself in somewhere but the hospitals in my area will not give drugs out in ER's so I probably would have been in a similar situation but just in the hospital.

Just because of drug addicts abusing drugs a person with chronic pain had to go through this situation.

If this situation were to re-occur which I certainly hope it doesn't what should I do or what would any of you do.

Thanks
((((((HUGS Lynn)

Sorry about the tirade I hope after a much needed vacation next week to join all of you again.
Lynn52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote