Thread: C5 Palsy
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 01:22 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member

Hi all
I am female, 57 years old and underwent c4-5 Discectomy and Fusion Dec 4 2019. I woke up from surgery and realized that I could only lift my arm off the bed about 8 inches. I have paralysis from shoulder to elbow so I can at least use my lower arm. Like you I have a heck of a time with basic tasks, showering etc. My Doc sent me home that day and said that if it was the same the next day that he would start Steroids. He didn't give me any information on why this was happening or what it was called. I started googling and found this site.
I have to say after reading all the comments I was scared sh*tless! My Doc made it sound like it was just inflammation and after steroids would have movement. Guess what. 4 weeks out and no improvement and now in Pt and now I have increased pain in shoulder and lower arm. My Doctor has never diagnosed me with c5 palsy but my pt said "don't tell the doc I told you this but it IS C5 Palsy" when I asked!
I have to tell you it is very painful after I do my PT.
Can anyone tell me where to place my nerve stimulator patches for best results? My arm is already atrophied.
Thanks
KelH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote