View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 04:56 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default Very hard, painful lump in gum after extraction??

Hello!

I had a tooth extracted 2 weeks ago. The tooth had a silver filling put in a week before this. The filling was very deep and I ended up with irreversible pulpitis which caused intense pain so dentist chose to remove tooth. This was done under sedation due to the fact I have pretty severe dentist phobia. The extraction took 2 hours due to the tooth (my back upper molar) being jammed against one of my wisdom tooth (which have not appeared as of yet). The dentist said it was the worst extraction she's ever had to do. She had to section the tooth and it took 3 dentists to get it out in the end. I was quite aware of what was going on by the end of the appointment and it was pretty traumatic.

The wound is healing up well (a wee splinter of tooth worked its way out the gum tonight, it must have been left behind). However, ever since the extraction, I can feel a very hard lump in my gum protruding into my cheek. I felt it the moment I woke up from my post sedation sleep but dismissed it as my mouth just feeling different due to the missing tooth.

However, the feeling of something poking into my cheek has not diminished and I had a feel with my finger and I can feel a very hard large prominent lump in the gum. The lump is above the extraction site and feels sharp and very tender to touch. It is glaringly obvious it is not a normal part of my mouth.

What could it be?

I will go back to see the dentist however, due to it being christmas/new year, that won't be for a while.

Any ideas what it could be? I'm freaking out a bit as I'm worried it might be a wisdom tooth dislodged or something and I am scared I might need another extraction. The last one was traumatic enough.

Sorry for the lengthy speile and thanks in advance
Slothcheese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote