View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 09:33 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Managing Peripheral Neuropathy/Neurostimulator results

I have severe neuropathy which was diagnosed in 2003 in my feet. Over the past 17 years it had migrated all the way up to a few inches above my thighs. After years battling opiate and Soma dependence and addiction I quit in Feb 2018 and switched to 40mg methadone. I was forced to reduce that to 35mg with the only doc I could find who would prescribe it legally and then was put in the position of having to cold turkey onto Buprenorphine. The neuropathy was just unbearable but for myself, I have actually found some salvation. It isn't absolutely perfect but has improved my pain by about 85%. I had an Abbott BurstDRG neurostimulator implanted after a successful trial. I had serious knee issues
which have also been covered. I personally would recommend this particular model to anyone experiencing the same problems. I have heard that many people have very good results so I am participating in a 5-year
trial to hopefully help others in the same situation. Let me know any questions and I'll be happy to try and help. No one should have to be in this kind of pain...ever.
only1betty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (12-30-2019), Hotfeet333 (01-13-2020)