View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 03:12 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Jessicasuserid,

The white discharge could be pus. Your dentist who performed the extraction should have an emergency contact number to call to cover for him while he is away. If he does not, look up an oral surgeon or periodontist and call them for an emergency visit to take an xray and a clinical look at the area. The surgeon that you consult with may be able to contact the treating dentist who extracted the tooth, if needed.

When did you have the upper molars extracted? Was that the same day as the front tooth?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicasuserid View Post
So Friday I had a tooth pulled that had been infected pretty bad for along time. I got a bone graph done after the tooth got pulled. The following days whenever the Motrin wore off I was in so much pain where I was crying like a throbbing pain. Today Monday I woke up and had this white stuff coming out along with a horrible smell. I easily clean it up and this white stuff keeps coming. I also pressed just a little bit with a qtip and it look like liquid came out maybe puss? I have no way of getting ahold of the doctor he is out till Friday. I left him a message and I also tried to contact other dentists to see if they help me but they won’t since they didn’t do the work she said if I was that concerned to go to er but what’s that gonna do ? I’ve been taking amoxicillin the higher strength one since day 2 and Motrin every 8 hours any advice or if this is normal. Ty

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote